Sorry for the lack of postage. The past couple weeks have been crazy. I start college on Monday so we have been getting a few last minute things done(still missing the calculator I forgot to buy though...).
J took me to his old church Sunday night and he caught the fire of God in their youth room immediately. It was amazing. He really is meant to be a youth pastor. I know it. He has such a passion for them and it really is his calling. Unfortunately, I think he is doubting it lately...:( He needs prayer and lots of it, so won't you please pray for him? He needs to feel the fire again and to know without anymore doubt that this is what he is meant to do. I really think the devil is fighting him and trying to plant this doubt in his mind. Because why would the devil want another youth pastor in this world? Am I right? So please pray for him. He needs strength to fight the devil, needs to catch the fire of God again, and strength to overcome all his doubts. :(
On a better notw, we went to a church his friends have been helping to start. That was kinda fun. One of his friends had him pray over the offering. And the message his friend preached that night was one I think J needed to hear. I just hope and pray things go better for him and they work out the way God wants them too.
Tonight we are going to a game night our church put together at a home for children. There is gonna be pizza, chips, and soda. TS-Freak is kinda making us go...she loves games. I know I should prolly wanna go and reach out to those kids, but I don't like board games at all. I haven't played them in forever. Plus really the only one I ever played was Life...I don't like basketball either and there was some other games thing set up...something to do with field day? I think? Either way, I'm not playing those. I'm not athletic plus it will prolly be dark. So, yeah. Not really looking forward to that honestly.
Me and J are going to get something special tomorrow. And no, I'm not sharing yet. ;)
Sunday night our church is having a back to school service. A bunch of people are coming, including a couple of churches according to our youth pastor(YP). TS-Freak is gonna be in two dramas and Guitarist is gonna play three songs? I think? with our Praise & Worship(P&W) youth band. Another local Christian band is coming too. My YP wants me to greet people, but I honestly don't want to do that. I'm not much of a greeter. I'm not as open and friendly as I used to be. Plus I don't feel the call to be a greeter. I feel the call to work in the preschool and nursery, not be a greeter. Shouldn't you only do that if you feel led to do it? Especially in church. J made a good point when I told him about it. He said something like, if you are being forced to do something in church, some people might notice and be turned off from your church and then they won't want to come back. Maybe I'll just tell my YP I don't wanna do it. I kinda have a hard time sticking up for myself...But some of J's friends are coming Sunday night so that will be awesome! :D
Ok...I think that's enough of an update...G-bye! :D
Love,
NOTW-Writer <3
No comments:
Post a Comment